Windows Mobile 5 Smartphone pairing has a different user interface than on
the Pocket PC. Here are the steps to follow (from a Samsung ACE; your
device may be different):
- Click Start > Settings > Connections > Bluetooth
- Add new device
- The phone will search for your MQ module. When it shows on the
screen, highlight it and click Next. (Please note that it may show as
iBT-GPS, G-Rays I, or AIRcable, depending on your system.)
- Enter 0000 for the passcode when requested.
- Click OK after the pairing has finished.
- You may change the display name if you like, otherwise click Next.
- Check the ActiveSync service. Click Done.
- Now you are back at the Bluetooth Devices screen. Click Menu > COM
Ports, then Menu > New Outgoing Port.
- Select the MQ module and press the action button.
- Uncheck Secure Connection. Choose a COM port and click Done.
If that COM port is not available, choose a different one. Be sure to
remember which one you chose.
- Click Done to return to the Bluetooth Devices screen.
- Run MaxQData Setup. Click Settings > Serial Port Settings.
Scroll down to find "GPS Port". Enter the COM port name you chose from
step 10. OK and then File > Exit. (MQ200 users will need to
enter the COM port name under "MQ Port").