Start by downloading the MaxQData software and setting it up with
your own GPS module. Then purchase an unlock code below to enable
high-speed datalogging and video!
MaxQData software may be used with compatible GPS modules from other sources,
giving knowledgeable Do-It-Yourselfers an opportunity to put together a system
using hardware they already own or can purchase elsewhere.
Note: The MaxQData software may be used at no charge to record data and process
video. Simply download the software and use it without an unlock code. This is useful for
product evaluation or for applications which do not require high performance.
However, you will be limited to slow-speed GPS and video.
GPS Data Acquisition Software
$39 (+ tax) DIY unlock code
- Software-only license for customers using their own compatible GPS module
- Supports up to 10 Hz data logging (actual speed depends on your GPS module)
- Unlocks full speed video capture and post processing capabilities
- Price includes 9.6% Washington State/City of Seattle sales tax (Out of state? Click here
- Please note that no refunds are given once an unlock code is issued.
These GPS modules are known to work:
- Qstarz BT-Q1000P (TraQr or 5 Hz)
- Qstarz BT-Q1200P (TraQr or 5 Hz)
- Qstarz BT-Q1000X (TraQr or 5 Hz)
- Qstarz BT-Q1000XT (TraQr or 5 Hz)
I (WBT-300 *only*; please make sure you do not have a WBT-100 or WBT-200) (5
Hz or HiDef)
- G.top G33 (5 Hz)
- Transystem i-Blue 737 5 Hz (5 Hz model *only*, please be sure you do not
have the 1 Hz model)
- Most other GPS modules using an MTK chipset and supporting 5 Hz or
MaxQData does not guarantee GPS
compatibility with other modules.
Guidelines for PC/laptop hardware for Video Capture
Video capture is a CPU-intensive process that also uses a fair amount
of memory. Here are the guidelines for the minimum hardware that
supports the standard VeQtr™ video capture
CPU: 1.6 GHz Intel Atom 270 (single-core) with Hyper-Threading
enabled, or 1.8 GHz Intel Pentium M, or 1.2 GHz Dual-Core Intel Celeron, with CPU speed set to maximum performance
RAM: 1 GB
Hard Disk Space: 1 GB free (= approximately 1 hour of video)
Hard Disk Type: SSD recommended for vibration resistance if used for
off-road applications or in cars without "street" suspensions
Two USB 2.0 ports (one for each camera)
WiFi or Bluetooth (depending on which MQGPS module is being used)
Operating System: Windows XP with Windows Media Format 9, or Windows 7
(Windows Vista is not recommended; see discussion below regarding
Windows Media 11)
The Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000 is recommended. Not all cameras
are supported. Our
User Forum has a
where users are encouraged to talk about cameras that have or have not
worked for them.
Here are some additional restrictions and comments on the DIY unlock code
- You must purchase a DIY unlock code (use "No Shipping/Will Call"), then install the software, then
request your unlock code by phone or email as described on the
Downloads page. The unlock code is unique
for every installation. Upgrading the software "in-place" does not
normally change the unlock code.
- The standard MaxQData 30-day money-back guarantee does not apply
to software-only purchases. No refunds will be given once an unlock code is
requested. If you have purchased an unlock code and decide you want a
refund, you must request a refund instead of requesting an unlock code.
This must be done within 30 days of purchase. After 30 days, or after
an unlock code is requested, no refunds will be given for any reason.
- No refunds will be given if you find that the MaxQData software is not
compatible with your GPS equipment. Please read the software license
for disclaimers of compatibility, warranty, fitness of purpose, etc.
- Please take advantage of the free 1 Hz operation mode to determine
whether your GPS equipment is compatible and whether the software is what
you want before making a purchase.